Thursday, June 7, 2012



An 8th grade student heading to high school wants to know.... 


Have you ever felt pressured to drink or use drugs?  What did you do if someone offered you something?

I have felt pressured to use drugs or alcohol, There were times such as dances, or other get togethers where people were drinking and I was one of the lone wolves, but I took a step back and really examined the whole situation. I asked myself "What are these kids actually getting from drinking? Answer, a hang over and looking stupid!"  Then I asked,  "What could happen if I started to partake in these activities?  Answer:  major trouble with my parents, the law, and colleges!"

It's so important to take a step back and really examine a situation before you dive head first into the deep end, and make an impulsive decision.  The negative consequences most definitely always outweigh the good when it comes to the consumption of alcohol while you are underage.

If you are ever offered something an don't want it, or feel that there is a high amount of pressure you can do three things:
  1. Say "No."   Most people will leave you alone after you say no once. 
  2. Leave the situation.  If you feel uncomfortable this is the best option.   
  3. And.....  look within yourself and decide who you really are..... and who you want to be.          It helps to stand strong because as the saying goes:  "Good timber does not grow with ease.  The stronger the winds, the stronger the trees."

No comments:

Post a Comment